The Inquiry is chaired by Lord Puttnam and has two supporting bodies: an Advisory Committee , that will provide guidance on how best to frame and then to realise the remit of the Inquiry, and a separate Broadcast Panel, composed of leading industry voices.
The inquiry is led by Professor Des Freedman and Professor James Curran. It is staffed by a secretariat based at Goldsmiths, University of London.
The findings of the Inquiry will be published end of June 2016, coordinated by researchers at Goldsmiths, that will feature:
- a comprehensive overview of the changing television environment
- individual submissions from key participants on specific themes
- selected interventions commissioned from academics and researchers
- focussed discussions of key themes drawn from inquiry events
- a series of recommendations on how best to secure public service television in the UK.